Decker & Rat Terrier Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decker & Rat Terrier Chat

We would like to welcome everyone to our forum, this is a place to come and share photographs, and share our experiences. Rat Terriers in general are a wonderful dog and the Decker Terrier takes that a step further as a larger, hardy family dog.

2 posters

Keeping the dogs COOL

Kim
    Kim

Keeping the dogs COOL  Empty Keeping the dogs COOL

Post  Kim Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:20 am

I cannot believe how the summer heat has settled in this week...whew!!!

Too share how we keep it cool...I have purchased a few years back the "garden" shade panels..you can order them in just about any size from NASCO farm & supply. We then lay garden hoses on top of the shade panels with sprinklers inbetween the hose joints...this works to cool my pooches off very well. I dont know about you all out there in the big world but, I will be ready for some cooler days/nights this fall (And the hunting Fall brings too).
    RattieRatTerrier
    RattieRatTerrier

Keeping the dogs COOL  Empty Re: Keeping the dogs COOL

Post  RattieRatTerrier Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:01 am

We must watch out. Heat stroke is very frequent these days. We should keep our dogs away from the sun and keep them always hydrated.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Rat terriers have a way of finding the people who need them, filling an emptiness we don't even know we have.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:25 am