Decker & Rat Terrier Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decker & Rat Terrier Chat

We would like to welcome everyone to our forum, this is a place to come and share photographs, and share our experiences. Rat Terriers in general are a wonderful dog and the Decker Terrier takes that a step further as a larger, hardy family dog.

5 posters

Life as I know it with Decker's

Christina
    Christina
    Admin
    Admin

Life as I know it with Decker's Empty Re: Life as I know it with Decker's

Post  Christina Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Sparklerat with out knowing who your breeder is I can't help give me some more information.
    sparklerat

Post  sparklerat Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:02 pm

i know this is dumb ,but is there any way to find out when my rattie's b-day is. i know it is on dec. 12 or 2 . i just cant remember:(('bounce')
    sparklerat

Post  sparklerat Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:01 pm

sorry i messed up

Last edited by sparklerat on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    peterasche
    peterasche

Life as I know it with Decker's Empty Bodega

Post  peterasche Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:00 am

Hi,

My friends thought that in the area where they had these dogs that Bodega was meant to mean Vineyard.....they also had another breed that ate the rats after the larger rat terriers did the chasing and killing. I'll double check on this, but it's and interesting idea....
    RattieRatTerrier
    RattieRatTerrier

Post  RattieRatTerrier Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:17 am

Wow! I think Bodega means warehouse. I know a little bit of Spanish which was my favorite subject before.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    Rat terriers have a way of finding the people who need them, filling an emptiness we don't even know we have.

Last edited by RattieRatTerrier on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
    peterasche
    peterasche

Life as I know it with Decker's Empty What's in a name?

Post  peterasche Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:17 am

Hi,

Some friends said that they recognized our breed of dog in vineyards in Spain where they are used (big surprise) to keep the rat population down. They call them "Bodega Dogs"!

Whatever name we decide to use, they are wonderful dogs!

Peter
    Kim
    Kim

Post  Kim Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:30 pm

Once again it is being made into a "people" issue, this is not about people it is about dogs that I love. Dogs that I realized were so very special that I and my family could not imagine our lives without them...when we realized how very very close they were to extinction in 2002...well we set out on a path that I will never regret to the day I die.

~Ken your right you really are they are NOT DECKER TERRIERS anymore than they are Basenji or anything..this dog existed years and years before the Decker family ever came into the picture. Really why anyone calls them Decker is beyond me. I have spoken to so many old old breeders and many of them called them "Fox Terriers"....LOL! Ken, I am not going to argue with you about it...seems like you love to get things rolling. Instead I am going to raise my Giant Rat Terriers the best way I know how and enjoy their company with what time the good lord gives me here in this life.

Rat Terriers are a truly amazing breed and from this day forward I will no longer call them "Decker" Terriers there is no such thing....they will be Giant Rat Terriers or just simply Rat Terriers...I am tired of the people who have done nothing but set out to continually slam me and my beautiful dogs and the people who I love and call friends and family...again I think we just need to let the dogs show for themselves....we need to take all this negativity and focus on the true identity...of an all American dog that deserves much better.

I said a long long time ago...maybe some of you who were around from the beginning will remember this....(Someday I believe the "Decker" Rat Terrier will be come the Standard Rat Terrier) I think that day has arrived...I know it has for me.

Sincerly
    Kim Seegmiller
    http://www.seegmillerdeckerterriers.com
    Christina
    Christina
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Christina Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:37 pm

What is wrong with people can't even have a board without getting slamed from another board, I have seen it all now. All I have to say is I have RAT TERRIERS thats what they were reg. in the begining and thats what they are now. cheers
    Kim
    Kim

Post  Kim Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:29 am

Goodness me, there must be quite a few tag alongs here...LOL..my mistake on Hattie's DOB she was 10 years old and it was the best 10 years of my life =)
    In addition...she will always be a part of me, in my heart!

Hey Ken, if you have a bone to pick with me you can sure call me up I had NO idea that you kept such sparkling records on me, my kennel & my dogs..ohh I forgot your a "pedigree" fanatic LOL......& contrary to popular belief your not the be all end all now are yah!
    Kim
    Kim

Life as I know it with Decker's Empty Life as I know it with Decker's

Post  Kim Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:27 am

Sometimes in life your given a very slim window to either grab onto something or miss it forever. For me and my family that opportunity was our Seegmillers Hattie. She was is and always will be the dog that started it all for our family. I feel very lucky to have had her in my life and I often share my experiences with people when they call for a puppy or to just check out just what is a DECKER??...invariably we end up belly laughing at the antics of Hattie! Not very many people know that Hattie passed away last May, it broke my heart. I often sit and think about her and all the time we shared in the 11 years she was with me...I would not change a thing not one thing.....So if your out there in the big wide world and your considering a puppy, take a long look a the Decker Terrier because I truly think they are very special.

http://www.seegmillerdeckerterriers.com

Life as I know it with Decker's Img_3210

Last edited by Kim on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No link attached)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:27 am