Decker & Rat Terrier Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decker & Rat Terrier Chat

We would like to welcome everyone to our forum, this is a place to come and share photographs, and share our experiences. Rat Terriers in general are a wonderful dog and the Decker Terrier takes that a step further as a larger, hardy family dog.

This is all about me.................

Kim
    Kim

This is all about me................. Empty This is all about me.................

Post  Kim Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:48 pm

These last two years have been interesting to say the least and I have never had the pleasure of such people in my life. I do not hold grudges and I have already forgiven the people who made the "accusations" against me and my dogs. I have moved on with my program and have continued to raise some very nice examples of my breed. They can continue to be just as mean as they feel they need to be...its ok I surely can stand a little criticism. What I do not understand is that I have repeatedly asked time and again to simply be left alone. This request is never granted to me however. I don't bother the "other" group I do not critique their dogs and I do not care what they are doing, I don't go on their hunting board to make judgments against them. I have carried on with my own journey, my own path. I actually had a gentleman call me up and tell me that whatever I decide to say....(well it had better be good) another instance a great friend of mine was told she could never be friends with me IF she intended to follow the "other" group...I was completely flabbergasted by this. I did not feel the need then and I do not feel the need now to try to defend myself for anything.
    I am a woman, I am a strong independent woman. I am a leader not a follower I always have been. I am also very passionate about my dogs. For me this journey has been a long one...in fact a life long endeavor. What most people do not know about me is that I am a deeply committed person, I have a deep faith not only in my fellow human being but in our world and the animals we share it with. I am a passionate person, when I dedicate myself to something I do it with my whole heart soul and life. Many of you will read this and have nothing but scathing replies to make. I do not care you have a right to your own opinion -just as I but, you do not now or ever have the right to judge me. There is only one person who can judge anyone.
    My favorite thing is to watch a newborn puppy, it is a miracle of life. I love my dogs, I love them...plainly, simply...they are a piece of my heart. We have never made much money off of our puppies in fact I have given far more of the puppies away than I ever sold. All the money I did make was returned to the dogs as feed/vet costs/supplies etc...
    I realize that I have made several people angry one family in particular from Oregon. I was visited in 2006 by that family and they bought dogs from my close friends the Spinlers & R Mylets dog that came from here...if you look closely enough you will find that in fact every single dog they now are breeding their "100%" dogs came directly from the Seegmiller Kennel. Just like 98% of the Decker Rat Terriers out there today they came from right here....loved by me, cared for my me and raised to be the best that they can be in their breed.
    I am not blaming them or anyone else here. I just want people to understand that even though I have been beaten up, dragged down and made to look like a horrible breeder, I will not let it break me because I look at this in a totally different way. This is a huge compliment, they can make themselves look like complete and utter asses....but, it will never change who I am, who my family members are or change the fact that my dogs are still here and still being raised by me! I will still be doing this in 10 or 20 or even 30 years good lord willing.
    It seems that the "other" group must continually rehash the past again and again and again. Mostly it seems for pure enjoyments sake although I am not quite certain what the motive is there. I am not the "competition". My dogs are not on the same level with theirs and never will be as they have chosen a completely different agenda....never the twain shall meet...I believe is the old saying! As I have stated earlier in this text it is a compliment to be so watched and so critiqued as it helps me to be both a better person and a better breeder.
    As a summary I truly hope that this has some of you out there understanding who I am and what I am about. We love our dogs they are our pride and our joy....they come second only to my family. I enjoy getting my old 57 Ford Custom Cab out loading up my dear old Missie Lue Westerling and going for a back road ride. I have so many other things to do in this life...this time I am given should not be squandered on silly jealousy or outrageous accusation. Each of us should learn to love the life that we have been given and enjoy each and every single day as if it is the very last one we have.
    Kim Seegmiller
    http://www.seegmillerdeckerterriers.com
    http://www.deckerterrierhome.com

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:49 am