Decker & Rat Terrier Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decker & Rat Terrier Chat

We would like to welcome everyone to our forum, this is a place to come and share photographs, and share our experiences. Rat Terriers in general are a wonderful dog and the Decker Terrier takes that a step further as a larger, hardy family dog.

5 posters

What do you do when

Kim
    Kim

What do you do when Empty Re: What do you do when

Post  Kim Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:30 am

Nicole,

A male can breed for a lot longer than a female can. However there just comes a time when you are done with a male and have offspring to continue on with. We will "retire" dogs and place with friends and relatives to use later on when we have great grandchildren to utilize with them again....or we just plain retire them forever if we feel they are just not producing. But females are much different they should never be bred young and never on every heat cycle. That is just inhumane to do.

Hope that helps you =)

Kimmy

http://www.seegmillerdeckerterriers.com
    RattieRatTerrier
    RattieRatTerrier

Post  RattieRatTerrier Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:23 am

When is the best time to retire your dog? Can't you just make him produce over and over without retiring him?

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    Rat terriers have a way of finding the people who need them, filling an emptiness we don't even know we have.

Last edited by RattieRatTerrier on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BRTK
    BRTK

What do you do when Empty Thank you Ladies.....

Post  BRTK Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:21 pm

I am not in any hurry to retire him at all. I am REALLY loving what he is producing in conformation (not all the pups in the litters but most of them), temperament (they all have the "LOOK at me... I am HOT and I KNOW it"...tudes on them). I personally feel he could have a better angles in the rear but when I breed him to girls which do I get what I like to see in pups. What do you do when Blackjackcrystallitter?p=1&w=1&c=4&n=0&m=-1&s=0&y=0&z=9&l=0
    Christina
    Christina
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Christina Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:07 pm

I would continue to use him. He is a great looking boy and if BJ keeps produces like this can't wait to see what his offsprings will do.
    Kim
    Kim

Post  Kim Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:42 am

I agree with Tara, you probably must keep him. I mean from my viewpoint I have Magnum Key, Axle Rose, Mexican Grande and all of those dogs have reproduced and outproduced theirself time and again with multiple females!!!! But I wont retire them anytime soon Smile Also an option you could collect and freeze his semen.

http://www.seegmillerdeckerterriers.com

Kim
    Thatchel
    Thatchel

Post  Thatchel Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:49 am

Keep him!

That type is priceless, you could do line breeding a few generations out, use him on a female later that needs his "specialness", there's no telling when you might need him again.
    BRTK
    BRTK

What do you do when Empty What do you do when

Post  BRTK Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Your main stud out produces himself over and over again with different females? Do you retire him or keep using him?

I have invest so much money, hours of training and just love / bonding with my boy Black Jack. But time and time again he produces better than himself. We have two new litters from match ups with females he has not bred before. We are really looking forward to see what they produce.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:02 pm