Decker & Rat Terrier Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decker & Rat Terrier Chat

We would like to welcome everyone to our forum, this is a place to come and share photographs, and share our experiences. Rat Terriers in general are a wonderful dog and the Decker Terrier takes that a step further as a larger, hardy family dog.

4 posters

Humane society rescue

RattieRatTerrier
    RattieRatTerrier

Humane society rescue Empty Re: Humane society rescue

Post  RattieRatTerrier Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:06 am

Your dog is very adorable. I would love to cuddle him. Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Rat terriers have a way of finding the people who need them, filling an emptiness we don't even know we have.
    cyelea

Post  cyelea Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:37 am

I'm an Oregonian. I live about twenty miles from the Decker Nursery in Junction City. Even if she isn't purebred, she's amazing and we feel so lucky to have her. I also meant to ask, are Deckers are typically quiet? I can count on one hand the number of times I have heard her bark in the four months we've had her. The neighbor's dogs go nuts whenever they are alerted, but Delilah just perks up her ears and investigates with stealth.
    Kim
    Kim

Post  Kim Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:43 pm

Hello Cyelea,

Your dog is cute I love her head shape for sure...she looks like a possible Decker but without paperwork who would ever know. I am glad that you love her and take great care of her. Where are you from?

Kim
    http://www.seegmillerdeckerterriers.com
    cyelea

Humane society rescue Empty Thank you

Post  cyelea Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Big thanks to both of you. I didn't know dogs could get Addisons. I looked at the symptoms and thankfully she doesn't have any other ones, so hopefully a vet can explain. When I first took her in for a visit the vet tech shrugged it off because we didn't know her breed and it was thought to be a trait. She loves to run and when invited jumps onto our high couch without difficulty. I will get her to a vet and be sure to have them look into it. Here is a photo, not the best one. Her teeth tell the vet she's at least five, maybe as old as seven or ten. I know there's a good chance she is a mix breed, but do you see Decker when you look at her? I have been told that Deckers are not just Rat Terriers.
    Thanks again!
    Humane society rescue Img_2010
    Kim
    Kim

Post  Kim Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Cyelea,

I do not see that in my Decker's so I would have to agree that she needs to be checked out by a veterinarian. I know some people who have said that extreme shivering caused by excitement could be a possible addisons problem.

Good Luck and please keep us posted.

Kim

http://www.imageevent.com/kimsee
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Not really sure what your asking here but you might want to get her checked out with your veterinarian.

John
    cyelea

Humane society rescue Empty Humane society rescue

Post  cyelea Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi there,
    I recently rescued a female dog from a humane society and for the past few months I have assumed she was a mix breed because while she looks exactly like a rat terrier, she is much larger in both height and weight. She is 17" and 32#. I encountered a rat terrier owner recently who told me I must have a Decker Terrier. I did some reading and discovered by looking at pictures that she does indeed appear to be a Decker. We have no history on her, but it is clear she has been well trained as she is the best behaved dog I (or anyone who has met her) have ever known. My question is, are Deckers known to shiver? Delilah, that's her name, tends to shiver like a chihuahua when nervous or excited. Is this a Decker trait? I will try to post a picture of her soon. If anyone has any input, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Cyelea

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:27 am