Decker & Rat Terrier Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decker & Rat Terrier Chat

We would like to welcome everyone to our forum, this is a place to come and share photographs, and share our experiences. Rat Terriers in general are a wonderful dog and the Decker Terrier takes that a step further as a larger, hardy family dog.

2 posters

Standard Rat Terriers

joshuam78

Standard Rat Terriers Empty love my standard

Post  joshuam78 Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:09 am

I just have to say i love my terrier and never was a 'small dog person'. I grew up with hounds and spent more time in the woods with a dog than other people all together. 3 years ago though, I met my wife and wound up moving to des moines where hounds just dont realy fit. Anyway, I had been wanting a hunting dog for most of those 3 years but was having a hard time finding one i liked that was under 20 pounds. I started looking around on the internet and came across a add on craigslist of all places for a free rat terrier female that was needing a new home because she was just to hiper for them and they didnt have time for her. To make a long story short, weve had her for 8 months now and not only is she the best hunting dog ive ever had, but she keeps up with me when hiking, shes calm in a canoe, and goes pretty much everywhere we go. Before her, all the rat terriers i saw were small, fragile looking things. But she has since made me a rat terrier convert. I will ALWAYS have one. I had contemplated on getting a male with good hunting instincts because i hear that true hunters are hard to comeby.
    Kim
    Kim

Standard Rat Terriers Empty Standard Rat Terriers

Post  Kim Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Standard Rat Terriers Img_9010

Standard Rat Terriers Img_9011

Standard Rat Terriers Img_8910

Just for the record, a bloodline is a bloodline not a breed! These will stay Standard Rat Terriers and my dogs are registered as such with both UKC and AKC Wink

Kim Seegmiller
    http://www.imageevent.com/kimsee

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:32 pm